Born and raised in California, Joe Milazzo attended Pasadena City College and Art Center College of Design. Joe was drawn to a fundamental medium, pen and ink, in which the most traditional Western themes are rendered. Joe considers his ability a God-given talent. One that he doesn't take for granted. "It is an honor and a priveledge to be able to render an image and have someone want it enough to buy it and take it home with them. Nice."
In 1997, Milazzo had the honor of presenting a drawing to President Ronald Reagan. The drawing hung in Mr. Reagan’s office in Century City, California. His portrait of President Reagan and the USS Ronald Reagan are on permanent display at the Reagan Center in Santa Barbara.
Milazzo joined the prestigious list of artists who have rendered the poster for Santa Barbara's Old Spanish Days Fiesta and Rodeo for the years 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004 and 2011.
Additional honors include:
- 2010 Santa Ynez; CA-Vaquero Artist of the year,
- San Dimas; CA - Festival of Western Art-Festival Choice Award and in most recently; holds gold, silver and bronze medals;
- Santa Barbara, CA-Old Spanish Days Rodeo Program Cover;
- San Dimas, CA- San Dimas Rodeo Poster;
- Dublin, CA-California Cowboy Gathering & Ranch Rodeo poster;
- Monterey, CA-Monterey Cowboy Poetry & Art Show poster;
- Santa Barbara, CA-Young American Foundation-Commission;
- Santa Ynez, CA -San Lucas Cowhorse Classic poster.
His delicate, yet intricate lines and his attention to detail make him a sought after artist. Collected internationally for commissions of prominent figures for public and private collectors alike.
Milazzo has recently added charcoal to his drawing resume. This allows him to create much larger scale drawings and yet keeping the same technique. The larger drawings are even more dramatic.
- President and Nancy Reagan
- Ronald Reagan Center in Santa Barbara
- Ronald Reagan Library in Simi Valley
- Janeway Museum
- George and Susan Hearst
- Bo Derek
- Kelly Lebrock
Major Influences in Milazzo's career include:
- Richard Bunkall
- Robert "Shoofly"
- Dennis Mukai
- Eugenio Carmi
- John Singer Sargent
- Charlie Russell
- Ansel Adams
Shop Joe Milazzo's Products »